Friday, June 26, 2009

Process

So I have yet again set aside previous projects and started a new one. I am doing a commission piece for my wonderful friend Christopher for his fabulous new salon, here is the initial thumbnail and final line drawing before I jump into the painting. I pulled most of the motifs from Mucha, because I have no design sense whatsoever. The salon is called "When the sun reaches my sister" so I stuck what will be little sun flowers up top, and I guess the girl is the sister?


**EDIT** 06/30/09
So upon request I edited the face. Christopher preferred if the face was actually looking down and having her gazing up towards the viewer. I was a bit attached to the first drawing but I grew to like this one better. The drawing is on the board and ready to go!

No comments: